Friday, November 30, 2007

San Francisco Culture

Chapter 13: Culture
View from Bernal Hights
Golden Gate Park

There has been much mention in previous blogs about the cultural diversity and many ethnic groups that have given San Francisco its character, and continue to do so. The Northwest region of the United States (Oregon, Washington) is known for its environmental consciousness, to which San Francisco and most of Northern California is a part of. Overall, this area attracts a different kind of person, one who is not looking for a New York or Las Vegas. Although these states contain bustling metropolitan cities, they are nestled between acres of natural landscapes and wildlife preserves. This area is more about community and life-style and social tolerance.

Castro Street

Sun Bathers in Dolores Park (nowhere near the beach!)

Since I was young, places like San Francisco, Eugene, Oregon and Seattle, Washington have captured my attention as places I would like to move. I am a born and raised in Los Angeles girl, but the older I get, I just do not feel that I get this city, or that this city gets me. In doing this blog, I have only reinforced my draw to the North. I hope the move happens when I finish my degree! SOON!

A block on Valencia Street

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.